Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dead Guy Magnet Part Two

After swearing to all things important in my life, that I would help him, Corey finally left me alone. We planned for him to show up just after school tomorrow. I tried to finish my homework but thats kinda hard when you have a murder to solve. So I decided to get down to business. I started by calling my best friend Asha, she is one of those people who somehow happens to know everyone's business, sometimes before even they do. She is also one of two people who aren't my in my family or supernatural in some way who know about my gift. She is also Wiccan, not just some goth kid who says stuff like "blessed be" and the like, she was raised Wicca, her mom is a witch too. So, yeah, I thought talking to her was a great place to start. She answered on the third ring.

"Hey, Rayne, whats up?"

"Hey, I've got some questions for you. You know that kid Corey who went missing not long ago?"

"Yeah," she answered, sounding suspicious.

I spoke again, before she could. "What do you know about him? Like was he dating anyone, having family issues, or anything?"

""Whoa, Rayne, this is sounding a bit crazy even for you. Whats up, why the sudden interest in this guy?"

"Shit," I said, knowing there was no way around telling her. "Well you know how I told you about the ghost who's been hanging around me?"

"Yeah..."

"Well its him, and now he wants me to find his body and his killer."

"Shit."

"Yeah, I already said that. So, will you help me?"

"Of course I will, in any way I can."

"Thanks, first do you know anything about him?"

She paused, I swear I could hear her thinking. "He had been going out with Jessica Renolds, but they broke up like a week before he disappeared."

"Suspect number one, go on."

"Oh come on now, I know Jessica can be a royal bitch, but do you really think she could kill?"

"No, but nobody is innocent until we know for sure. Plus you know what they say, hell hath no fury.."

"Like a woman scorned, yeah, whatever. Any way, lets see... I don't know much about his home life, but his sister Shelly goes to Roosevelt too so we could talk to her."

"Good, we should also interrogate his friends." I said that then thought better of it. "Well of course we can't come off like we're interrogating them. Damn," I said because I realized that one more person had to be brought into this plan. "I guess we should tell Aidan (the third in our trio of bffs), he may not hang with Corey's crowd but he knows a lot of those guys. They might be more willing to talk to him."

"Rayne, I love you but sometimes I swear you've lost some brain cells. He should talk to Shelly. Word is she has a crush on him anyway. You talk to the guys. Your hot, they will so talk to you."

"Ok whatever, but you come with me, your hot too."

"But I'm gay..."

"OK now whose loosing brain cells? What straight male hasn't had a lesbian fantasy?"

She paused, "OK, yeah you got me. I'm in, but I'm not making out with you," she said while dissolving into giggles.

I laughed too before speaking again. "Don't worry, no matter how cute you are that is not on my to do list. Straight girl remember?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, you know you wanna kiss me. Straight or not, cause everyone wants a piece of me. Ha!" We both laughed good and hard then. Not because she isn't hot, she is, but she isn't full of herself. That is just a part of her personality and humor. She like most truly beautiful people doesn't know just how gorgeous she really is. Her skin is about the same light caramel brown as mine, but hers has a dash of something darker like a drop of dark chocolate. Her hair is that brown that is so dark that it is mistaken for black, it is thick and curly and stops just above her shoulders. The thing that really makes her stand out in a crowd is her eyes. They are the bright green of spring grass with flecks of light brown in them. She gets her eyes from her mom's side, they are mostly from Ireland and Scotland. As you have surely guessed, she too is mixed. Her dad is Black.

As soon as we were both able to speak again we came up with a plan of action. She would call Aidan and brief him on the plan. We would all try our interrogations during lunch the next day. Now that I had a plan of sorts I felt that I could get my homework done.

"Great, thanks Asha, see you in the morning." We hung up and I returned to my studies before passing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment